Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Garlic/Ginger Mixture

I can not stand the thought of having to chop my garlic/ginger mixture every single day. Who has the time to do that anyhow ? My dad has taught me a wonderful little trick, that I am going to teach you now. It makes your life much easier afterwards. In the Chinese Cuisine, we use the garlic/ginger mixture every time we cook anyhow.

I own a Kitchenaid Immersion Blender that has a mini food processor as an attachment. Love it. It's a really good investment for you, if you don't own one. Don't bother with all the other brands, as the blades are just not sharp enough, I have done all my homework back then when I was investing into one. I used to make my own baby food, when my boys started eating solid food. Never ever had I given them single jar. I just didn't trust them at all. With the Immersion Blender and it's attachment you can do all sort of wonderful things, like your own smoothie, whip egg whites in no time with the whisk and use the mini chopper for your garlic/ginger mixture - like I do.

This garlic/ginger mixture last you about a month - more or less, depending how much you use it. Don't make the same mistake as I did for the first several times, I over blended it with my mini food processor. It will turn your garlic/ginger mixture greenish, trust me - it will freak you out. Another useful tip I am going to pass on to you as well is, when you remove the skin of your garlic, wear some rubber gloves. The rubber will remove the skin so fast, you will be amazed. Never get the rubber gloves wet though - or your magic is over.

Garlic/Ginger Mixture

3 - 4 heads fresh garlic, peeled and both ends removed
1 small fresh ginger, peeled and cut into small chunks
1 small glass jar (an old jam jar comes in handy)
grape seed oil

Step 1:
Place the garlic and ginger into food processor and pulse it few time until desired size.

Step 2:
Pour the garlic/ginger mixture into a glass jar and cover with oil. Tap the jar on the counter few times (carefully!), so the oil will distribute itself more even.

Step 3:
Keep fresh in the fridge for up to one month !

No comments:

Post a Comment