Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Enoki Beef Rolls


I am craving shabu shabu beef. Shabu Shabu Beef are thin sliced fatty marbled beef mainly used for Japanese or Chinese hot pot. I love cooking with shabu shabu beef as well, as it melts in your mouth, and there is not much preparation for you to do. Today I decided to to roll them up with some enoki mushrooms, one of my most favourite dishes when growing up. I would always bug my dad to cook it for me and honestly, I could eat up the whole plate without sharing. It's that good.

Enoki Beef Rolls

4 bags enoki mushrooms
1 tray of shabu shabu beef, defrosted for several hours
2 - 3 tablespoons of garlic/ginger mixture
1 - 2 green onions/cilantro mixture
1/4 cup Korean Short Rib BBQ Sauce (Choripidong Brand)
1 tablespoon Chinese Cooking Wine (Shaoxing)
1/3 cup boiled water

Step 1:
Wash the enoki mushrooms and cut off the dark root

Step 2:
Roll the fat beef with enoki mushrooms

Step 3:
Mix Shaoxing wine, Korean Short Rib BBQ Sauce and boiled water, set aside.

Step 4:
Heat wok with oil in it. When oil is ready, pan fry enoki beef rolls briefly until browned, set aside.

Step 5:
Add fresh chopped garlic/ginger mixture into wok and stir-fry briefly, until it is aromatic, add sauce and cook until it thickens.

Step 6:
Once the sauce thickens, return enoki beef rolls back into wok and sprinkle cilantro/green onion mixture over it.

Serve over a bowl of white rice, enjoy !!

2 comments:

  1. this is one of my favourite dishes. i brought it to work earlier this week and EVERYONE was looking at it.

    I played around with the measurements for this recipe, as I didn't know how big a tray of beef was.

    This is a winner. I will make it again. Perhaps next time I will how it will taste with shabu shabu pork...

    ReplyDelete