Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies

Do you love Oreo Cookies just as much as we do ? All my three Wan boys love eating Oreo cookies with a big glass of cold milk. They also like their chocolate chip cookies, my ultimate favourite chocolate chip cookie recipe is by Jacques Torres. It is just divine. I usually make the batch according to his recipe and freeze half of it. Few days ago, I tumbled across this new recipe, a cross between our two most favourite cookies - it look so delicious !!. I had to make it, but waited for the perfect day. I love baking when it's pouring rain outside. I don't know why. I just love it. I guess, it's therapeutic for me. I am always out when it's warm and sunny anyhow. I was so busy lately, it's just insane. I had to clean my patio with my power pressure wash, re soil of my plants in the pots, clean my mosquito screens and outside windows .... but now it's all ready for the warm weather.

Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies, adapted from Picky Palate

1 stick softened butter
6 Tablespoons sugar
6 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ¼ cup flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
11 broken pieces Oreo Cookies
1 cup chocolate chips

Step 1:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream butter, and sugars until well combined. Add egg and vanilla until mixed well.

Step 2:
Place flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl, stir to combine. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients then stir in oreos and chocolate chips until just combined.

Step 3:
With a medium cookie scoop, scoop onto baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until cooked, but still soft. Let cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment