Saturday, March 20, 2010

Lemon Ricotta Pancakes


On Saturday's I love to spoil my family with some special kind of breakfast or brunch. We usually rush out the doors from Sunday's to Friday's, which gives me so little time to spend with all of my boys. I always look forward for our Saturday's breakfast. Since I was a little girl, I always loved my weekend breakfast with my parents. It's a very special bonding time, sitting down with your love ones, sharing a meal, some laughter or insides on what happened through out the day/week - no matter breakfast, lunch or dinner. I always make sure that we share at least one meal per day together as a family, it is very important to me. Call me old fashioned but I hate the TV running in the background while eating with my family. I find that this really defeats the purpose of having a meal together, don't you think so too ?

On my kids' request, I prepared some lemon ricotta pancakes for them. I love this pancake recipe from Bobby Flay as it is not too sweet, extremely easy to prepare and who does not love ricotta cheese ? It is so good, it does not require any type of maple syrup on top of it - at least not for me.


Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
, adapted by Bobby Flay

1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 tablesoons sugar
2 cups ricotta cheese
4 eggs
4/3 cups milk
2 lemons, zested and juiced

1. Step:
Combine all the dry ingredients into a small bowl.

2. Step:
Whisk all the wet ingredients in a large bowl together.

3. Step:
Whisk the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until just combined.

4. Step:
Brush your griddle/frying pan with some butter or oil and pour approx. 1/4 cup into your griddle.

5. Step:
Cook on both sides until golden brown and repeat until all the batter is gone.

Enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment