Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day Jello !


To my amusing, Ethan has asked me to prepare some Happy St. Patrick's Day treats for his Kindergarten Classmates. I mean, seriously, if those little kids would only know the truth what the day really means, I bet with you, they would not be so keen on celebrating that day - at least not for now in their young age.
Regardless of what I think, I fulfilled Ethan's request by doing some green jello treat, making sure I had enough for Timothy's daycare as well otherwise I would never hear the end of it - trust me. You must think that I love doing jello treats. Well, to be honest, I am not a big jello fan myself, but it is extremely economical and I don't have to worry that one of their little friends will be suffering from an allergic reaction. The kids seem to enjoy all sort of jello treats since it's so giggly and sweet.
If you are in the same shoes as me and need to bring a classroom treat or even for a potluck at work, I love to share with you my Happy St. Patrick's Day jello treat recipe.


Happy St. Patrick's Day Jello, adapted by the food librarian

2 large packages (6 oz. each) of green Jell-O
1 envelope of Knox unflavored gelatin
4 cups boiling water
1 9x13 square pan
1 can of cooking spray
1 quart/litre of vanilla ice cream

1. Step:
Prepare your 9x13 square pan by spraying it lightly with some cooking spray, if needed wipe it with a kitchentower paper, so it won't be too greasy.

2. Step:
Mix together 2 large packages of green Jell-O + 1 envelope of Knox unflavored gelatin and dissolve with 4 cups of boiling water.

3. Step:
Add 1 quart/litre of vanila ice cream and stir until dissolved.

4. Step:
Refrigiate over night, the vanilla ice cream will float to the top of the jello.

5. Step:
Cut and serve.

Enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment