Monday, March 29, 2010

Cotton Soft Japanese Cheesecake

I am sure that most of you are familiar with cheesecakes. Have you ever had Japanese Cheesecake though ? It tastes so soft and melts in your mouth like a souffle. I made this one for our bi--monthly family dinner at my Nai Nai's place. I never like going empty handed, especially knowing that the cook had slaved all day in the kitchen. This time I decided to bake the Cotton Soft Japanese Cheesecake, as I haven't had it for a long time and my boys were wanting to eat cheesecake.

I find baking or cooking very therapeutic and rewarding. It really makes me happy seeing my boys or loved ones enjoy the things I made for them.


Cotton Soft Japanese Cheesecake,
adapted from Diana's Dessert

140g fine granulated sugar
6 egg whites
6 egg yolks
1\4 tsp cream of tartar
50g butter
250g Philadelphia cream cheese
100 ml fresh milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
60g superfine flour (I used cake flour and sifted it twice)
20g cornflour
1/4 tsp salt

Step 1:
Melt cream cheese, butter and milk in a double boiler. Cool the mixture.Fold in the flours, egg yolks, lemon juice and mix well.

Step 2:
Whisk egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy.Add in the sugar and whisk until soft peaks form.

Step 3:
Add the cheese mixture to the egg white mixture and mix well. Pour into a 8 inch round cake pan ( Lightly grease and line the bottom and sides of the pan with greaseproof baking paper or parchment paper).

Step 4:
Bake cheesecake in a water bath for 1 hours 10 minutes or until set and golden brown at 160 C (325 F).

No comments:

Post a Comment