Sunday, May 2, 2010

Farfalle Pasta Salad with Corn and Lyona Sausage

It is such a grayish & rainy day, so I thought I try to prep the boys' mood up with some nice spring looking pasta salad. An easy and tasty pasta salad to go with some sandwiches for lunch, sounds good to me. I really don't feel like going out in such weather, so much better to stay home. Bonding with the boys and cleaning. It's never ending in this house, I am always cleaning something. I am very German that way, I like it dust free, neat and orderly. Can't help it, even though Damian always calls me anal that way. Mean eh ? Oh well, he is who I married almost 11 years ago .... I guess, I got used to him by now.

Farfalle Pasta Salad with Corn and Lyona Sausage

5 tablespoons olive oil
5 tablespoons red wine or balsamic vinegar
1 - 2 large garlic cloves, grated
1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (cut from 3 ears) or frozen, thawed
1 1/2 tablespoon green onions/cilantro mixture
1 box farfalle pasta, freshly cooked
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup lyona sausage, finely chopped

Step 1:
Whisk 4 tablespoons oil, vinegar, basil and garlic in large bowl to blend.

Step 2:
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.

Step 3:
Add corn; sauté 3 minutes. Add corn to dressing in bowl.

Step 4:
Add pasta and green onions/cilantro mixture, lyona suasage & cheese to bowl and toss to blend.

Step 5:
Season salad with salt and pepper.

Serve & enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment