Thursday, May 20, 2010

Traditional Chinese Watercress Soup (西洋菜湯)


My dear husband is off this week, so I have been spending lots of quality time with him + on top, I have fried my lap top's hardware. How I did it, is still a mystery to all of us. Weird huh ? I lost everything .... really everything. 2 years worth of things. Well, not really as I have backed up six months ago - but still. It was such a good laptop, so fast, so mobile and so good looking. Oh well, I really hope that Damian's co-worker will be able to fix it. It is so weird being forced to one particular station. It's been such a long time since I have used a real stationed computer, I totally forgot to turn on the monitor. I have been starring the computer screen for so long, nothing happened - it was all black. I freaked out - just to amuse my husband. Yeah yeah, this is what happens to you when you have been using a laptop only for more than 4 years. Funny eh ?


Traditional Chinese Watercress Soup(西洋菜湯)

1/2 lb boneless lean pork
1 tablespoon dried northern/eastern Apricots Kernel (南北杏)
4-5 large dried honey dates (蜜枣)
2 bunches fresh watercress (西洋菜)
2 Chinese carrots, peeled and cut into bite sizes

Step 1:
Blanche lean pork in separate bowl with boiling water, afterwards rinse it clean under running water to remove any dirt and debris from the blanching.

Step 2:
Rinse the fresh watercress thoroughly for several times.

Step 3:
Mix all the ingredients in a pot, cover with plenty of water and bring it to boil. Simmer over low heat for 2 - 3 hours until broth changes colour.

Step 4:
Add salt to taste and serve.

Enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment