Thursday, January 20, 2011

Easy Salmon Wellington


A very happy and healthy new year to you all !!! I know, I am late with all my wishes and it has been a very long time since I have posted a new recipe. What can I say ? I have been on vacation with my three Wan boys and that has taken a long time of mine. Starting with all the preparation, the packing, dealing with little issues here and there, all three Wan boys got sick and then I had to deal with all their jet lags. I can finally say, we are almost back to the regular routine and I have survived everything including my very first radio recording. I must say, it was a lot of fun. I was invited to be a special guest on a Chinese Radio Show which is hosted by two funny and very kind personalities. Although my Chinese is not up to par, they never made me feel uncomfortable. I spoke most of it in English anyhow - at least the recipe part. I have introduced them four of my most loved recipes: the fresh tomato cream soup, pizza bread, ham frittata and my easy salmon wellington. I thought I better upload my recipes I had introduced otherwise they would be looking all over place and not finding it.

I love to cook twice a week a meal without any meats in it. Those days I choose to cook seafood. One of my families all time favourite is a super easy salmon wellington. It is really not that difficult, you will see. It is a crowd pleaser and kids love to eat it as well. I like to serve it with a salad on the side and some German egg noodles. If you have guests coming over to your house, try to make this dish one time ... you can prepare it ahead and pop it in the oven just before they arrive. Just keep things simple !! You don't have to do your's like mine, that picture was taken when I did that for my three Wan boys for our Thanksgiving Dinner. Please don't feel pressured by that.


Easy Salmon Wellington

1 costco's slice of fresh salmon fillet, rinsed and patted dry
1 pack of costco's sliced cremini mushrooms
1 - 2 sliced carrots
1 tablespoon minced garlic/ginger mixture
1 can of cream of mushrooms mixed with 1/2 cup of homo milk
1 slice of frozen puff pastry, defrosted
1 egg, beaten


Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Step 1:
Stir fry cremini mushrooms and carrots with your minced garlic/ginger mixture, be careful of not overcooking it.

Step 2:
Place salmon in a lightly greased 9 x 13 glass pan.

Step 3:
Pour stir fried mushrooms and carrots over it. Skin side down, if your salmon fillet has a it.

Step 4:
Cover it with the cream of mushroom milk mixture and place the frozen puff pastry over it.

Step 5:
Brush the top of the pastry with beaten egg and use a fork to punch several holes in the pastry in a decorative manner.

Step 6:
Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.

Enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment