Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mini Pepperoni Pizza Puffs


Ethan has an outdoor picnic at a local park tomorrow with his Kindergarten class. Every student needs to bring a snack to share with his friends. Something small and cute. I figured that most parent would give their child something sweet, so I decided to make some mini pepperoni pizza puffs. It is so easy to make and extremely tasty. No fancy machine required. I will be so busy the next few days, as Ethan's turning 6 on Saturday. I need to prepare so many birthday goodie bags and treats, it's not even funny. Add another picnic snack, that just throws me off my daily routine.

Mini Pepperoni Pizza Puffs, adapted by Noble Pig

3/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
3/4 cup milk (I used homo milk)
1 egg, lightly beaten
4 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
4 oz. pepperoni, diced (about 1 cup)
1/2 cup pizza sauce (homemade or store-bought)
2 Tbsp. fresh basil, finely diced.

Step 1:
Preheat oven to 375o. Grease a 24-cup mini muffin pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and oregano; whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the mozzarella and pepperoni; let stand for 10 minutes.

Step 2:
Stir the batter and divide among the mini-muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.

Step 3:
Warm the pizza sauce, then stir in 1 tablespoon basil. Sprinkle the puffs with the remaining 1 tablespoon basil. Serve the puffs with the pizza sauce for dipping.

Enjoy !!!!

1 comment:

  1. Those pepperoni puffs look amazing. I can't wait to try them myself.

    ReplyDelete