Friday, June 11, 2010

Chinese Prawn Cakes With Long Beans (豆角蝦餅)


What happened to our month of June ? It's supposed to be nice and warm !! June is also the month, I started working out. It's true, I have been working out every day. I am slowly starting to see some sort of result and it feels good. 3 - 4 times a week, I would do a 30 minute fat burning program on an elliptical machine, followed by 30 swimming in a heated outdoor pool. The other days of the week, I would do some well needed stretching exercise on a ballet bar. This is what I have been busy with ... other than my daily mommy + wife duties. Honestly, it feels very good. I sleep much earlier and so much better too.

Today, I have tried a new recipe. Fooling around with some fresh prawns. My boys love eating

prawns, so I decided to pamper them all with some Chinese Prawn Cakes ... hope you will enjoy it as much as they do !!!


Chinese Prawn Cakes With Long Beans (豆角蝦餅), adapted by So Sze Wong (苏施黄)

1.5 lbs Fresh Prawns
6 pieces Chinese Long beans
Salt
Pepper
Sugar
Black Sesame Oil
Oil for frying.

Step 1:
Shell and Devin prawns.

Step 2:
Use the back of a cleaver, slap down on the prawns to flatten and chop to mince.

Step 3:
Place minced prawns in a large deep bowl. Add salt, sugar, pepper and sesame oil to season. Stir well with chopsticks until a little pasty. Set aside for 20 minutes to marinate.

Step 4:
Dice the long beans.

Step 5:
Scoop marinated prawns with palm of hand and throw it vigorously back into the bowl. 'Slam' the minced prawns a few times until the minced prawns become pasty and gluey.

Step 6:
Mix diced long beans with minced prawns. Shape into small patties.

Step 7:
Fry patties until golden brown. If time allows, fry the patties over strong fire again just before serving.

Enjoy !!

No comments:

Post a Comment