Saturday, November 13, 2010

Green Beans with Mushrooms & Almonds !


I remember having this dish as a side dish at my girlfriend's house in Berlin. It was just divine. I loved it every time I ate it. I would always bug Kerstin's mom to cook it for me whenever I went over for a play date when we were little. Mrs. Meyer gave me her recipe just before I left Berlin, and now it's time for me to pass it on to YOU !! I always make this dish with some steaks or roasted chicken ... you will see, you will end up loving it - just like me !!!


Green Beans with Mushrooms & Almonds

1 pound green beans, trimmed
6 slices bacon
2 cloves minced garlic
1 medium red onion, sliced
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese

Step 1:
In a large saute pan, cover the green beans with water. Boil for 5 or so minutes. You still want them to have a little crunch. Drain and set aside.

Step 2:
In the same pan, cook the bacon until crispy. Drain most of the fat and add the onions and mushroom.

Step 3:
Cook the onions and mushrooms until soft.

Step 4:
Add the almonds, salt. pepper, and oregano.

Step 5:
Toss in the green beans and cook until heated through. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper as needed.

Step 6:
Top with the shaved Parmesan.

Enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment